Thursday 26 January 2012

Evaluation: Question 1 (part 1)








Above are pictures that I have taken of my own albums & digipaks which influenced my choice (mainly the Lady Gaga album) to add song descriptions to my digipak. This allows the fans to find out more about the new artist. Most albums include this in the information booklet. It is important to use a fair amount of close ups in the video and most importantly in the digipak cover. This along song descriptions and bonus content (on back panel) helps the public to familiarise with the new artist, involving the fans. The following pictures include (in order of appearance):
  • My own digipak with song descriptions
  • Lady Gaga: The Fame album
  • Rihanna: Good Girl Gone Bad album
  • Justin Timberlake: Sexyback single digipak
  • Girls Aloud: Tangled Up album
  • Dannii Minogue: The Hits & Beyond album
Some of my digipak ideas were influenced by Adele's album 21. It is conventional to use a large image of the artist with their name written clearly below. I liked the simplistic design that Adele has gone for as it shows that she is more about the music & voice rather than her image. This is the kind of design that I was thriving for. However, I felt that her chosen colours are dark & depressing which matched her emotional song lyrics. I wanted to aim for a happy but neutral design that matched our music video.

Adele: 21 album | My digipak

Some of my advertisement ideas were influenced by Ellie Goulding's Lights album ad. I was sure that I wanted media reviews & a simple design. Ellie's ad consist of both of these. I feel that Ellie Goulding is quite similar to our artist Charlotte Cole due to the genre therefore that is why I used some aspects from her ad. I like the fact that there's a large image of the artist with her name written bold & clearly. I added all typical conventions on my ad such as website of artist, social networking sites, QR code, record label logo, release date etc. However, unlike Ellie's ad, I wanted a picture of my digipak on my ad.

Ellie Goulding: Lights advertisement | My advertisement