Monday 16 January 2012

Changes to my digipak cover

Although I have already finished my ancillary work on Monday, there were changes I had made to the original ideas:
  • At the beginning, I wanted to choose a close up of our artist on the beach as it would fit with my colour scheme perfectly. However, out of the numerous photos we had, none of them were close enough. There was a specific photo that I really like but she wasn't staring into the camera, just staring at the sand. I could imagine my digipak with that very photo. It would follow my colour scheme, fit well with the genre and look conventional but none of this would work due to the fact that there was no eye contact.
  • As I couldn't find the right picture for the cover, I tested several pictures. Some would require a new colour scheme and others just didn't fit. Instead, I tried fitting an image taken as a test shot before we started filming with an image of Brighton beach. I cut out the background around Hanifah (our artist) pasting it onto the picture of the beach. Straightaway, Tony said both didn't fit and that he could tell that I had cut her out.
  • In the end, I decided to have a close up of Hanifah with just a plain background as Tony had said that using picture of the beach may have too much connection towards our music video.
  • As I was unsure how to use my chosen image (of test shot) on the cover, Konrad suggested that I could create a coloured band of a similar colour below the image. This would cover up where the image ends and also where I could place the artist name and album onto. I tested this idea and was finally pleased with the end result. It was simple which is just perfect for the genre. I also added a shadow (also suggested by Konrad) for the main image to add more detail.
  • After seeing my new  idea, Rebecca said that she thought my beige band was too big and suggested that I could decrease its size and enlarge the main image. I took her advice and tested it out. I felt that this worked even better than before. This allowed more focus on the image of the artist. After all the troubles that I had had, I felt pleased that I had finished my digipak cover.
My finished digipak cover