Tuesday 24 January 2012

Audience Feedback - Ancillary Products

Here are some responses from my classmates and my teacher Tony about my album and advertisement design:

Front Cover
Good:

  • Background (colour and texture)
  • Image Effects
  • Red and blue shadows
  • Worn out look
Bad:
  • Image blends in with the background
  • Inconsistent capitalisation with the title and the track list


Inside
Good:

  • Clear link 
  • Simple and professional
  • Colour scheme
  • The CD "doughnut lines" look like whiskers
Bad:
  • Empty/lack of text


Advertisement
Good:

  • Clear Link
  • CD stands out
  • Good reviews
  • Great idea with the QR code (maybe get rid of the white inside the code)
  • Simple
I'm very happy with the result. After I got the feedback I have changed one thing which is using capital letters for the track list to let the album design flow better. Previously I have used small letters throughout the track list and capital letters everywhere else.
I didn't want to get rid of the white background of the QR code because I think it would decrease reliability of that code when it's printed on a low quality newspaper.