Monday 23 January 2012

EVALUATION: QuestionTwo - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I think that both my music video and my ancillary texts are successful and work well together. There is a clear link between those two products as well as the songs on the track list which follow a similar theme. My music video was influenced by many artists and a plethora of music videos which I discussed in more details in question one of the evaluation. However my album cover was influenced mainly by Kate Nash's album "My Best Friend Is You"(except the CD design which was influenced by Clare Maguire's "Light After Dark").

The purpose of a music video and an album cover is to advertise and represent the artist therefore both of my products should be linked to easily associate one with the other.