Sunday 25 September 2011

Reflecting back on the AS Year - Technical Skills acquired

During my AS Year, I have developed a great range of technical skills.



Filming of our thriller opening sequence

Last year, when I started the course, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a camera. Although I have used one before (for my BTEC Media project), I have never learned how to use it properly.  This is one of the main skills I have developed throughout the AS Year.


Editing our opening sequence - Final Cut Pro



Another technical skill I developed is editing using Final Cut Pro. I found the interface easy and really enjoyable to use.

Editing our opening sequence - LiveType

As well as using Final Cut Pro during the editing process, I also had to use Live Type. 
Live Type was used to add titles to our opening sequence. I found this challenging to use.

Editing our opening sequence - Sountrack Pro


Finally, we used Soundtrack Pro to create the sound of our opening sequence, adding the sound effects and music. This was really important, as sound is key in a thriller opening sequence.