Saturday 3 December 2011

RESEARCH: Three Digipaks

Here are some digipaks that I think match the genre of our artist. I analysed to look for thing that I could use in my design. 
Firstly I analysed a digipak for KT Tunstall's Tiger Suit (autograph not included) because I like the simplistic design. It uses mono printing effect (use of 1 or 2 colours) which creates this really nice vintage look. The font used for the song list matches that effect really well and it goes with the typeface of KT Tunstall. 
 The word Tiger Suit is written in a completely different, colourful font which makes it stand out and connects it to the inside and the CD design.

My next album is by Adele when she was "19" and it's her debut album. This album is slightly different from the previous one. Adele is shown at the front and back of the digipak but the image isn't clear. It's her first album and therefore the image should be big and clear. The word "Adele" is written in capitals in a clear, big and bold font which makes it stand out. It's also a serif font which makes it more elegant and important.
However the number "19" is written in a handwriting-like type, connecting it to the back cover where the same font is used for the track list.

Third album coming soon...