Wednesday 14 December 2011

Planning - Short List of Fonts, colours, layout and design ideas + link to ancillary products

This is my short list of fonts:

 

I wanted simple font that looks professional, which would reflect the fact that our artist, Charlotte Cole, is a serious singer.
Gill Sans and Candara caught my eyes but my favourite one is Gill Sans (Light). I was thinking of using the same font, but Regular, for the name of the artist in order to put a bit more emphasis on her name.
   



To help me decide on a colour scheme, I've used the Color Scheme designer (which is available on the internet).

Because most of the pictures we have of our artist were taken at the sea side, I've decided not to follow my group's decision about the colour scheme as I think it would be better to continue that "sea side feel" our pictures have throughout my digipak (My advertisement will also follow the scheme, in order to make a direct reference to the album cover). So, I was looking for colours that would match a light blue / sky blue colour...

I will therefore use the following colours: Blue, brown/gold, orange.



 

I really like the layout of this digipak. It's simple and beautifully designed. This album (The Listening) is her first album. They are trying to introduce her to the public, which is what we are trying to do at the moment.

I'd like use two elements of her digipak in mine: The simple layout and the emphasised image of the artist, as I think this the right way to get people to discover Charlotte Cole and to reflect the fact that she is a serious song writer.


 

For the advertisement, however, I've decided to follow what Ellie Goulding has done. A picture of the artist on the right and the information on the left side with a direct reference to the album cover.

I am also planning on placing a QR code on my advert, as an innovative and "fun" way for people to access our artist's website.