Sunday 11 December 2011

RESEARCH: Previous student work - Advertisement

Here are three advertisement made by previous students. I will analyse them by pointing out what I think are their strengths and weaknesses. 

I really like this image, its very powerful and introduces the artist very well. I like the colour scheme; this sepia, old look works well with the genre. The image used links to the album and therefore does it's job of advertising it. The font is big and easy to read but the name of the artist should be bigger. I personally wouldn't use two different font but I think it looks ok with this advert. Album rankings/reviews or tour dates would improve the look of the advertisement. Without it, it seems like there is something missing.
This is another advertisement that I like. It's simplistic but not simple. It shows off the album design very well, it's clear that this is an album poster because of the ratings, "OUT NOW" and places where you can buy it from. However I wouldn't use OUT NOW in my advertisement because I think it's important to advertise a product before the release and not after.
I think that the colour scheme doesn't work with the album colour scheme. I like the font which is easy to read. and the "wiggle" that connects it to the album.
I don't like how there is a white background in the logos of iTunes, HMV and Amazon which unfortunately is where the eye immediately goes.