Friday 25 November 2011

Production - Planning skills

I have approached planning differently to my AS production work. This year, I’ve done my best to ensure that my group stayed organised and well planned. I feel that was fruitful, as we have managed to film our entire video in one day. 

Due to our choice of location (Brighton), it was impossible for us to go there several times. We had to make sure that everything was right before we went. 
 To do so, we have planned everything carefully; from the performer choice to the amount of equipment taken. 


The most difficult part I’d say was the song choice. As a group, we have struggled to find a song which everybody would feel comfortable working on. But in the end, we have decided to write down all the song ideas we all had, and work our way through the list and only keep a few.
Finally, research was very important in this task. In fact, the planning was dependant on our research. We have watched and analysed different music videos, and got several ideas from them. Although we have not decided to go with the idea in our final edit, this has guided us to what we have now.