Wednesday 23 November 2011

PRODUCTION: Adobe After Effects



As we said in the pitch and storyboard we have started to include lyrics into our song. I chose shots that are quite plain and simple so that the audience would be looking at the lyrics and the artist without being distracted. I also chose shots that are longer so there is time to read the lyric.

As I was choosing the lyric to use, I was also thinking about the type, colour and size of the font to use.

At first I used Helvetica which is a universal font that always looks professional. I used black font with the exception of the word "believe" which I made red/brown. However the font was too bold and didn't work with the scene. Then I found Gill Sans Light which is a much thinner font which I think works better with the genre.


The text animation of the words flying out of artists mouth were inspired by the lyrics: "...I open my mouth and words come out, come out like..." which overall suits the video. Here is a sample of the music video with lyrics: