Friday 25 November 2011

Production - Editing skills

The editing process was completely different from the way it was last year.

I felt that this year, the editing process was a lot harder but, at the same time, easier. It was more difficult because we had to sync all our video clips to our music, and that was a lot of pain as we didn’t manage to keep it in sync at first. After we had some guidance from the media technicians, our editing sessions went a lot more smoothly. Also, the pressure of trying to finish our music video in time was a lot higher than last year, as it felt that we had less time to edit.

However, I feel that it was easier because we’ve already used Final Cut Pro, so we know the program. I’ve managed to recall all the knowledge I’ve had from last year very quickly.
I feel that my skills has improved a lot from last year, as this year’s video project made us discover aspects of editing we haven’t discovered last year.